We've Moved!




Guess what? This blog has moved! Check out our new site!







Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Reflection and 2012 in Review

2012 was a good year. Full of the regular ups and downs; highs and lows. Throughout the entire year, God's blessings poured down on me and my family. I have been so blessed. Here are some of the things I am thankful for:

- The worlds most hardworking, wonderful, supportive husband. Seriously, I challenge men everywhere to do as much for their wives as Brian does for me, and to do it as willingly and uncomplainingly as he does.
- My kids. Yeah, there are days I want to throw them into a snowbank (I mean, who doesn't have those days?!) but the joy that they bring to my life outweighs that. The smiles of those two kids light up the darkest day.
- My family, particularly my parents. They have been so supportive of us and our family from the get-go, and are always there for me when I need them. Having them live so close to us is awesome too!
-Living in Canada, and all the supports for parents of children with disabilities. As much as I want there to be even more available, I realize how blessed we are to live in  country where it didn't cost me a cent to have Kayden diagnosed.
- Having been able to purchase a home for our kids to grow up in. Finally having our own house to make a home is a wonderful thing, and having a purple kitchen is pretty awesome too.
- Having been able to purchase a van this year! Yeah! No more packing things into a tiny car! Hurrah!
- A wonderful Church family, and the friendships that have developed from it. Having friends who share our values is a huge blessing, particularly when a bunch of them live less than 5 minutes from you (even more when there are some within 5 blocks! haha!).
-Getting to know Aimee, my future sister-in-law. I'm so glad God has brought her into Kelby's life, and into our life, and I'm looking forward to getting to know her even more!

Just some of the bigger blessings in my life. Some of the smaller ones?

-Paper towels. Thank the good Lord I live in the day and age of paper towels.
-Hot showers.
-Star Trek Online and my 12th Family. Although I think this particular blessing may rank up there with family, friends and a new house. Having adult conversation not always related to kids, is awesome. Plus, talking to people from around the world and discovering that you have all sorts of things in common, is nothing short of amazing. You can stop mocking me now... I'm done with the nerd talk.
- Purple, orange, and green paint.
- My ipad and iphone. Never thought I'd be one of the cool kids with the cool gadgets, but I love all the apps I can use for Kayden.
- Coloured pants. Nothing brightens up a day like hot pink, turquoise, or yellow pants.
- Preschool. For Kayden, I mean. Not that I'd say no to 8 hours a week of hot wheels, finger-painting, and learning about Jesus.
- Brownies. Yum.
- Chai Tea Latte. With Egg Nog. And Rum. Seriously. Amazing.
-Muchkin. The game were you get to wield "The Pantyhose of Giant Strength... OF DOOM".
- Google search. Because there is no question that can't be answered by google search.

And, because what New Years post isn't complete without a smattering of pictures from the last year, here you go.








































Happy New Year Everyone! Here is to 2013!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...